Tourism in the Var
Come and discover the Var department, its magnificent landscapes, its Provencal culture and its small authentic villages. Come and taste the rosé wines in a natural setting with a preserved coastline where the sunny weather guarantees your well-being and the sweetness of life.
Near the campsite in the peninsula of St-Tropez, many possibilities are offered to you: surfing and sailing schools, fishing, diving, jet skiing, kitesurfing. An amusement park at less than 5km and a water park at 15km. Mountain bike rides as well as beautiful walks on the coastal paths.
The most beautiful cities of the Var
With its exceptional coastline and its hinterland covered with vineyards, olive groves and green forests, the Var attracts many tourists each year. To observe its remarkable landscapes during your stay, the famous cities of the Var and the typical villages are waiting for you near La Rouillère: Draguignan and its hidden treasures, Toulon and its numerous beaches, Le Lavandou pearl of the French Riviera, Sainte-Maxime is a haven of peace and gentle living, or Port Grimaud which can be visited by boat, as well as Porquerolles and the Golden Islands are essential destinations to understand and appreciate the diversity of landscapes of this magnificent department.
During your stay in the South-East of France you will also have plenty of time to plan visits to many other sites: Gassin is classified as one of the most beautiful villages in France where you can wander through its narrow streets to its ramparts overlooking the Mediterranean, Ramatuelle superb perched village, Saint-Tropez and its port, a cult place for the international jet set, Cavalaire and its sublime bay, or Rayol-Canadel.
Less known, but just as sumptuous, are towns located only a few kilometers from our campsite in the heart of Provence. You will discover with wonder their extraordinary natural and architectural heritage, and appreciate their authentic joie de vivre.
tourism in the Var
Top 10 places of interest in the Var
You will be spoilt for choice as there are so many places of interest in the Var, but here are our top 10 easily accessible from the campsite La Rouillère :
- The Chartreuse de la Verne, a monastery dating from 1170 located in the heart of the Maures massif. It is classified as a historical monument
- The mythical beach from Tahiti to Saint-Tropez for glamour and jet-set.
- The beach of Escalet, much more discreet because more difficult of access, it is a small paradise with crystal clear waters
- The Massif des Maures which extends over 60 km, its gentle and wild mountains are covered with deep forests, for family walks
- The Cap Bénat, a site protected by the Conservatoire du Littoral, offers a unique view of the islands of Porquerolles and Port-Cros
- The turtle village of Carnoules, an educational center dedicated to the protection of turtles, unique in France.
- The Pointe des Sardinaux in Sainte-Maxime, a small haven of wild and preserved peace, for a picnic in the sun.
- The bay of Pramousquier, real pearl of the Var coastline with its long beach of golden sand and its azure waters.
- Cap Taillat is a peninsula located between Ramatuelle and La Croix Valmer.
- The Fort of Brégançon is an exceptional site, it is the official place of vacation of the President of the Republic that you can visit!
What to do in the Var : Top 10 activities !
With a rich cultural and natural heritage, the Var department offers many activities, impossible to get bored!
- Take a sea trip from Saint-Raphaël to the port of Santa Lucia, on the program, the creeks, the Golf of Saint-Tropez and the islands of Lérin. Sublime !
- Visit the animal park of Sanary-sur-Mer, a pretty zoo of human size and respect, nestled in a privileged environment.
- Go to the National Museum of the Navy in Toulon with your children. They will love the many model ships from various eras
- Enjoy a day of kayaking at the base of Les Arcs on the Argens river, in the heart of the Maures mountains.
- Take a snorkeling tour in Port Frejus and discover the sea bed, an experience accessible to all and unforgettable.
- Go to the Annonciade museum in Saint-Tropez, installed in a lovely chapel, it exhibits paintings by Matisse, Seurat, Signac, Braque or Bonnard
- Let yourself wander through the lush botanical park of Fréjus.
- Practice karting at Grimaud Karting Loisir: large 800 m circuit accessible to adults and accompanied children.
- Spend an afternoon with your family at the accrobranche park Oxygen Evasion in Puget-sur-Argens, laughter and thrills guaranteed for the whole family.
- Enjoy a day of water sports in Okwide on the lake of Saint-Cassien.